What is Bhramari Pranayama or Bee-Breathing Technique?
Bhramari Pranayama is the best pranayama for calming the mind and removing anger. This pranayama is very useful for removing frustration from the mind. Bhramari pranayama is quite simple and can be done anywhere at any time of the day. Bhramari pranayama is the perfect way to eradicate the anxiety of the mind.
In fact, Bhramar means Bee. Since a person performs exactly like a bee while doing this pranayama, it is called Bhramari pranayama. This Pranayama is also known as Bee-Breathing Technique in English.
How to do Bhramari Pranayama?
- You can practice this before any yoga asana.
- Discover a peaceful place before starting Pranayama.
- Sit in a comfortable place in a lotus pose or easy pose.
- Keep the spine completely straight and close the eyes.
- Take a deep breath through your nose.
- Insert the thumb of both hands inside the ear.
- Put both fingers (index finger) on the forehead and other fingers on closed eyes.
- While keeping the mouth closed, exhale the breath and chant Om, which will produce a bee-like sound.
- You can practice it from 11 to 21 times.
- It can be practiced with an empty stomach at any time of the day.
Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama
- Doing Bhramari Pranayama helps the sinus patient.
- Bhramari pranayama is very beneficial to overcome fear, anxiety, anger, sleeplessness, and other types of mental disorders.
- With the help of Bhramari Pranayama, one can awake Kundalini power. And by doing this pranayama, the patient of migraine/migraine also benefits.
- By regular practice of Bhramari Pranayama, thinking becomes positive and the memory of the person is developed. And with this pranayama, intelligence also develops.
- The practice of this pranayama calms the mind and releases stress and depression.
- Bhramari Pranayama is also beneficial for a person suffering from high blood pressure disease.
- By practicing Bhramari Pranayama for a long time, the voice of a person becomes sweet. Therefore, it is a good practice for people from the singing area.
- Bhramari pranayama relaxes the nerves of the brain and all types of blood defects disappear.
- Due to the Bhramari pranayam, childbirth is easily done during delivery. Still, pregnant women should do Bhramari pranayam only after the doctor’s advice.
- If a person suffering from Thyroid problems practices Bhramari Pranayama by applying his chin around his neck (Jalandhar bandh), then he will get an immediate benefit.
- Corpse Pose (Savasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Yoga and Meditation Centers in Rishikesh, India
- What is Loving and Kindness Meditation?
- Yoga Teacher Certification Courses in India
- Importance of Alignment and Adjustment in Yoga
- What is Mudra in Yoga? – How to Do It, Benefits, Importance & Types
- Yoga Philosophy and Its Importance in Daily Life
- Yoga for Strength: Gym isn’t the only place for strength
- Importance of Balance in Yoga
- How does Sattvic Food Help in Yoga?
- Yog Nidra : The Enlightened Sleep
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Yoga for Pregnancy