Vakrasana or the Twisted Pose makes the spine flexible and removes fat around the waist. In Sanskrit Vakra means twisted and asana is a pose. In Vakrasana, the trunk is twisted to either side and is practiced in the sitting position. It is a good twisting pose for beginners. Those who cannot perform Ardha Matsyendrasana can perform Vakrasana to get similar benefits.
It’s one of the postures which is explained in traditional hatha yoga, it’s a sitting posture technique:
How to Do Vakrasana or Half Spinal Twist Pose? – Step by Step Instructions
- Sit in dandasana, the stick pose, both legs together and arms by the side of buttocks, upper body is an angle of 90 with lower body
2.fold right leg, place the ankle aligned with opposite knee, knee pointing upward
3.place the right hand behind the body, near to buttocks
4.place the left elbow by the outer side of right leg, folded left arm, press the elbow again the right-side thigh and twist your spine from the base of lower abdomen
- look towards the right side, open your shoulder, stay the for ten to fifteen breaths, natural breathing
6.come back in the reverse way and relax
- do the same with opposite side too
Vakrasana or Half Spinal Twist Pose Benefits
it helps to improve the flexibility of spine, giving a good massage to the visceral organs, good for the people having mild lower back pain, for beginners it’s good posture, which prepares them to do advanced twisting postures.
Vakrasana or Half Spinal Twist Pose Precautions
People who are suffering from severe lumbar spondylitis, hernia should avoid this posture, people have cervical spondylitis should do it without giving a pressure on the neck.
- Plavini Pranayama (Floating Breath)
- Cow Pose (Bitilasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Child’s Pose (Bālāsana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Dolphin Plank Pose (Forearm Plank) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Apanasana (Knees To Chest Pose) : How to do it? Precautions and benefits
- Corpse Pose (Savasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Yoga and Meditation Centers in Rishikesh, India
- What is Loving and Kindness Meditation?
- Yoga Teacher Certification Courses in India
- Importance of Alignment and Adjustment in Yoga
- What is Mudra in Yoga? – How to Do It, Benefits, Importance & Types
- Yoga Philosophy and Its Importance in Daily Life
- Yoga for Strength: Gym isn’t the only place for strength
- Importance of Balance in Yoga
- How does Sattvic Food Help in Yoga?
- Yog Nidra : The Enlightened Sleep
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- Yoga Meditation: Its importance in our daily life
- Mayurasana – How to do it and its benefits
- Back Bend Yoga asanas – Fear of falling into the unknown
- International Yoga Day
- Yoga for Your Upper Back Tightness
- Yoga Anatomy – How important is it to know?
- Yoga for Hamstring flexibility
- Yoga asanas for Root Chakra
- Yoga for flexibility
- 5 Restorative Yoga Practices to relax your mind and body
- Is Yoga Practice Enough to keep you fit?
- 5 Bed Time Stretches
- Yoga for beginners: The ultimate guide to start your practice
- Why Yoga in Rishikesh? – a Complete Guide to Yoga in Rishikesh
- Yoga for Spine or Backbone
- Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations
- Warm up before yoga asana
- Yoga for neck
- Yoga for abs
- Yoga for insomnia
- Yoga poses for kidney
- Ayurveda in Rishikesh, How To Achieve Perfect Health With Ayurved
- Yoga for joint health
- BAKASANA (CRANE POSE) : Its Benefits, Method, Precaution & Preparation
- Padangusthasana (Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose) : Step by Step Instructions, Benefits, Contraindications and Cautions.
- Chakrasana : How to Do It, Benefits, Contraindications
- Yoga Asanas for Knee Pain
- Yoga for Eyes or Eyesight improvement
- Yoga Asanas for High Blood Pressure.