Shirshasan (Headstand Pose) Procedure
⁃ Sit in vajrasan
⁃ Relax the body and close eyes for few seconds
⁃ Now lean forward and interlock the fingers on the back of the head and head and arms on the mat
⁃ Distance between Elbows should be equal to distance between interlocked finger and an elbow
⁃ Now lift your back of the body to form a right triangle where your back and legs represent hypotenuse.
⁃ Now walk slowly towards the elbows
⁃ Bend the knees slightly, bend the thighs against the chest and abdomen
⁃ Now slowly raise one leg above the mat by 20 cms and do the same with other leg.
⁃ Now raise the lower legs in a controlled movement, adjust the trunk slightly to counter balance the weight of legs
⁃ Raise the knees to the verticals position, keeping heels near the buttocks, straighten the hips so the thighs moves up away from the torso.
⁃ Slowly strengthen the knees whole body should be in straight line with feet relaxed.
⁃ maintain the position for 2 to 5 minutes
⁃ Return to the starting position by slowly bending the knees and lower the body with control in reverse order
Breathing – Normal breathing while coming to posture.
Or inhale at during the body has formed right triangle and retain breath till the final posture.
Shirshasan (Headstand Pose) Awareness
While learning shirsh asana first the focus should be on maintaining the balance.
Shirshasan (Headstand Pose) Sequence
For beginners it should be performed during the end of Asan program. For experience practitioners either they can perform head stand during the start or during the end of program followed by tadasana
Shirshasan (Headstand Pose) Contra Indications
Not to be performed by people who have neck issues, headaches, migraine , high blood pressures , heart disease, should not be practiced during pregnancy or mensuration cycles.
Shirshasan (Headstand Pose) Benefits
⁃ Helpful in awakening of sahaara chakra
⁃ Helpful in revitalising body and mind
⁃ Helpful in other physiological disorder which becomes root cause of asthma
⁃ Rectifies many forms of nervous and glandular disorders related to reproductive system.
⁃ This asana reverse the effect of gravity on the body and aids in reverse blood flow in the legs and visceral organs helps to regenerate the tissues.
⁃ With the weight of abdominal organ on diaphragm causes deep exhalation so that large amounts of carbon di oxide is removed from the lungs.
Best Yoga School in Rishikesh || Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh || 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh || 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh || 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh || 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- Yogasana: The Inner Journey from Exercise to Yoga
- Marichyasana : Embrace the Twist
- Breathing: Path to Unfold a Meditative State
- Janu Shirshasana: Benefits, Step-by-Step Guide, and Precautions
- Yoga for Fertility
- International Yoga Day 2023
- Internationally Certified Yoga Teacher Training India
- How Can I become an International Yoga Teacher in India?
- Make Yoga as a Career! Become A Yoga Teacher
- Why Yoga in India? – A Complete Guide to Yoga in India
- RYT-200, RYT-300, RYT-500 – Yoga Instructor Levels
- Plavini Pranayama (Floating Breath)
- Cow Pose (Bitilasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Child’s Pose (Bālāsana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Dolphin Plank Pose (Forearm Plank) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Apanasana (Knees To Chest Pose) : How to do it? Precautions and benefits
- Corpse Pose (Savasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Yoga and Meditation Centers in Rishikesh, India
- What is Loving and Kindness Meditation?
- Yoga Teacher Certification Courses in India
- Importance of Alignment and Adjustment in Yoga
- What is Mudra in Yoga? – How to Do It, Benefits, Importance & Types
- Yoga Philosophy and Its Importance in Daily Life
- Yoga for Strength: Gym isn’t the only place for strength
- Importance of Balance in Yoga
- How does Sattvic Food Help in Yoga?
- Yog Nidra : The Enlightened Sleep
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- Yoga Meditation: Its importance in our daily life
- Mayurasana – How to do it and its benefits
- Back Bend Yoga asanas – Fear of falling into the unknown
- International Yoga Day
- Yoga for Your Upper Back Tightness
- Yoga Anatomy – How important is it to know?
- Yoga for Hamstring flexibility
- Yoga asanas for Root Chakra
- Yoga for flexibility
- 5 Restorative Yoga Practices to relax your mind and body
- Is Yoga Practice Enough to keep you fit?
- 5 Bed Time Stretches
- Yoga for beginners: The ultimate guide to start your practice
- Why Yoga in Rishikesh? – a Complete Guide to Yoga in Rishikesh
- Yoga for Spine or Backbone
- Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations
- Warm up before yoga asana
- Yoga for neck