Vajra means Thunderbolt or a weapon of lord indra which is concrete and very strong, vajra also refers to a nadi(energy channels into the body) that is situated between ida and pingla nadi and originates from sitting bones which gets stimulated in vajrasana.
Vajrasana, Thunderbolt Pose, or Diamond Pose Step by step Instructions:
In order to perform vajarasana , one should bend both the knees and sit on the heels while toes are pointing backward and spine is kept in upright and natural position of it , hands are placed onto thighs and palms faces down or up especially if practiced as a meditative posture. This is a seated posture and could be practiced during asana sequence , it is also practiced as a meditative posture, since this posture is not comfortable enough for every individual to sit in it may not be considered a meditative pose for some people.
Vajrasana, Thunderbolt Pose, or Diamond Pose Benefits:
- Vajrasana is one of the very few asanas that can be performed after taking a meal.
- It is an excellent asana for stimulating digestive fire. It helps in improving the process of digestion to a great extent.
- It promotes knee, ankle flexibility and good posture for spine, this posture is also helpful in
- Vajrasana allows spine to be aligned and helps fix mal alignment of the spine, it
promotes healthy breathing pattern by allowing lungs to have good space to move.
Vajrasana, Thunderbolt Pose, or Diamond Pose Precautions:
- Since it is a pose which makes the leg stronger bit also requires strong knee and ankle to be able to sit in this pose, it’s vice versa, make sure one’s ankle doesn’t hurt too much keep a cushion under
ankles to keep it comfortable.
- If one’s thighs muscles specially quadriceps muscles are too tight and one is unable to bend the knees completely sitting in vajarasana could put too much pressure to knee joint , so one should sit
upon a cushion or block and give it some hight so knees do not have to bend too much.
- People with ankle sprain must avoid this posture.
- Acl, mcl or any ligament injury to knee or knee surgery if one have had within 3 months one must be careful and better chose other positions than this until knee start to bend and straighten well.
- Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand Pose or Salamba Sarvangasana : How to Do It, Benefits, Step By Step Instructions & Precaution
- Dhanurasana or Bow Pose : How to Do It, Benefits, Step By Step Instructions & Precaution
- Chakrasana or Urdhva Dhanurasana or Wheel Pose : How to Do It, Benefits, Step by Step Instructions, Precautions and safety.
- Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend) : How to do It, Benefits, Step by Step Instruction, Precautions and Safety
- Salabhasana, Shalabhasana, Locust pose, or Grasshopper Pose : How to Do It, Steps by Step Instruction, Benefits & Precaution?
- Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose : How to Do It, Step by Step Instruction, Benefits & Precautions.
- Vajrasana, Thunderbolt Pose, or Diamond Pose : How to Do It, Benefits, Step by Step Instruction & Precautions.
- What are 12 Mantras of Surya Namaskar?
- What are 12 Poses of Surya Namaskar?
- How to Do Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations? – Its Benefits, Step by Step Instructions & Precautions.
- What is Virabhadrasana Warrior Pose 2? – How To Do IT, Benefits, Method & Precautions.
- Bakasana (Crow Pose) : How to Do It, Step by Step (Method), Benefits & Precautions.
- What is Trikonasana or Utthita Trikonasana or Extended Triangle Pose? – How to Do It, Benefits, Step-by-Step Instruction and Precautions
- Chandrabhedi (Chandrabhedana) or Left Nostril Breathing : How to Do It, Benefits, Step by Step Instructions & Precautions
- Bhramari Pranayama or Bee-Breathing Technique : How to Do It, Benefits, Step by Step Instructions & Precautions
- Ujjayi Pranayama (Ujjayi Breathing): How to Do It, Steps and Benefits
- Yoga for Breathing or Pranayama: Which Yoga is Best for Breathing Problem?
- Kapalbhati Pranayama: How to Do It, Steps and Benefits
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama: How to Do It, Steps and Benefits
- What is Pranayama? Different Types of Pranayama