Gomukhasan is a Cow face posture which is basically a seated yoga posture in hatha yoga.
1- Sit on the mat with your straight back and legs should be extended.
2- Bend your right leg and place it under the left buttock and simultaneously your left knee should be placed Over the right knee.
3- Raise your left arm above your head and bend the elbow towards the back. The same time right arm should be kept behind the back and both the arms should be interlocked at the back.
4- Breathe normally and stay in the asana as long as you are comfortable.
5- while exhaling, come out of the Asana.
6- Same procedure should be done with the opposite leg and arm.
Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose Precautions
1- Your body has certain limits. Hence, you should not go beyond the limit as it might cause spinal injury.
2- People with overweight should not over strain the body beyond their limits.
Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose Benefits
1- It elongates the spine and softens the stiff shoulder muscles.
2- This posture brings the calmness and reduces the stress and anxiety.
3- Good for maintaining the blood pressure issue.
4- Good for Sciatica.
5- Bad posture can be corrected with this asana.
Gomukhasana or Cow Face Pose Contraindications
1- People having shoulder injury or shoulder pain should completely avoid this posture.
2- Avoid if you have Damaged muscles or ligaments issue.
3- Don’t do this posture of you are suffering from the bleeding piles as it might exaggerate the problem.
Best Yoga School in Rishikesh || Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh || 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh || 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh || 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh || 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- Yoga Teacher Certification Courses in Rishikesh, India
- Importance of Alignment and Adjustment in Yoga
- What is Mudra in Yoga? – How to Do It, Benefits, Importance & Types
- Yoga Philosophy and Its Importance in Daily Life
- Yoga for Strength: Gym isn’t the only place for strength
- Importance of Balance in Yoga
- How does Sattvic Food Help in Yoga?
- Yog Nidra : The Enlightened Sleep
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- Yoga Meditation: Its importance in our daily life
- Mayurasana – How to do it and its benefits
- Back Bend Yoga asanas – Fear of falling into the unknown
- International Yoga Day
- Yoga for Your Upper Back Tightness
- Yoga Anatomy – How important is it to know?
- Yoga for Hamstring flexibility
- Yoga asanas for Root Chakra
- Yoga for flexibility
- 5 Restorative Yoga Practices to relax your mind and body
- Is Yoga Practice Enough to keep you fit?
- 5 Bed Time Stretches
- Yoga for beginners: The ultimate guide to start your practice
- Why Yoga in Rishikesh? – a Complete Guide to Yoga in Rishikesh
- Yoga for Spine or Backbone