The human senses are our contact to the surroundings. The human brain perceives anything around via seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and touching. But we
don’t think about our senses until one stops working.
Humans have five senses: the eyes to see, the tongue to taste, the nose to smell, the ears to hear, and the skin to touch. so far the most important organs of sense are our eyes. We perceive up to 80 per cent of all impressions by means of our sight . And if other senses such as taste or smell stop working, it’s the eyes that best protect us from danger.
It gets affected by our lifestyle, preexisting health concerns and eating habits and mostly our engagement with electronics gadgets.
Lets see what are the common reason of a bad eye health that can eventually lead to bad eye sight( farsightedness , nearsightedness) ,etc.
Most common reasons of poor eye health
- TOO MUCH SCREEN TIME
- LOW WATER INTAKE
- POOR DIET
- LACK OF SLEEP
- RUBBING EYES TOO OFTEN
- NOT PROTECTING EYES FROM SUNLIGHT
- WORKING FOR PROLONGED PERIODS IN DIM LIGHT
Diseases that can eventually lead to eye health issues.
How to keep our eyes healthy through yoga
Yoga is best practice for not only eyes but each and every cell and tissue of the body through yogic practices one can prevent mostly all unhelathy eyes and even cure in certain conditions
Yoga kriya (eye cleansing )
You can use rose water and using eye cups filled with the mixture of water one can wash eyes or even simple cold water to sprinkle on your eyes .
Yoga asanas are best practice to improve blood circulation towards the eyes that helps heal and repair any changes that keep on happening at tissue level.
- Utanasana ( standing forword bend)
- Adho mukha svanasan(downword facing dog)
- Shirsasana( head stand)
- Sarvangasana(shoulder stand)
- Halasana(plow pose)
Eye focused exercises mentioned in hatha yoga
- Palming(warm palm on eyes)
- Eye rotation
- Eye up and down movement
- Eye side to side movement
- Gaze switching( use the thumb, and tip of the nose to switch gaze in between)
- Trataka( gaze constant at flame, Moon, rising or setting Sun)
- Bhramari(humming bee sound from nose )
- Anulom vilom( alternative nostril breathing)
- BAKASANA (CRANE POSE) : Its Benefits, Method, Precaution & Preparation
- Padangusthasana (Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose) : Step by Step Instructions, Benefits, Contraindications and Cautions.
- Chakrasana : How to Do It, Benefits, Contraindications
- Asanas for Knee Pain
- Yoga for Eyes or Eyesight improvement
- Yoga Asanas for High Blood Pressure.
- Yoga Asanas for Improving Concentration
- Hanumanasana : How to Do It, Benefits and Precautions?
- Matsyasana or Fish Pose : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Tadasana (Mountain Pose): How to Do It, Benefits, Step by Step Instructions & Precautions