What is Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand Pose or Salamba Sarvangasana?
The word 7 Means or limbs as in this position our bodies upside down Weight falls upon Shoulder and head and whole lower body is up in the air which makes Faster effective for whole body Otherwise this posture is translated as Shoulder stand a wonderful inverted position where circulation of information, blood, lymph and prana improves.
How to Do Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand Pose or Salamba Sarvangasana? Step by Step Instructions :
- Start from lying down position, supine position (lie on back) while legs are together and palms by the thighs facing down.
- Press your palms on the floor and raise the legs up to the ceiling and support your hips with the palms and try keeping elbows under palms to support well
- Try walking your palms downwards to the upper back while elbow remains shoulder width apart and try coming closer to each other.
- Point your toes to the sky or ceiling.
- Try lifting legs so high that chest bone (sternum) touches the chin.
- Press the elbows towards each other.
- Try to shrug the shoulders and keep on gently pressing the back of the head to floor.
Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand Pose or Salamba Sarvangasana Safety precaution :
- If one has neck pain Make sure legs are not lifted high rather keep some cushion or bolster under the hips and legs up in the air or just legs supported up on the wall.
- If one has neck compression while going in final position keep some folded blankets or cushion under shoulders and elbows and head outdown on the floor.
- People with hypertension or high blood pressure should not do this posture so extreme yet to reap the benefits of this pose on can just lie down and elevate legs on wall or some high cushion.
- Cervical spondylitis could be a challenging and problematic situation better avoid the pose and just elevate legs while hips remain on floor.
Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand Pose or Salamba Sarvangasana Benefits :
- Shoulder stand is one of the best poses to perform in order to reverse the circulation of blood and can be aiding to healing of injuries.
- Because of inverted position it moves lymph the impure blood back to heart to and makes it return to circulation which can avoid problems legs swelling of legs and varicose vein.
- Shoulder stand could benefit with thyroid issues.
- Calms down the mind and induce relaxation can be helpful with insomnia.
- Yog Nidra : The Enlightened Sleep
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- Yoga Meditation: Its importance in our daily life
- Mayurasana – How to do it and its benefits
- Back Bend Yoga asanas – Fear of falling into the unknown
- International Yoga Day
- Yoga for Your Upper Back Tightness
- Yoga Anatomy – How important is it to know?
- Yoga for Hamstring flexibility
- Yoga asanas for Root Chakra
- Yoga for flexibility
- 5 Restorative Yoga Practices to relax your mind and body
- Is Yoga Practice Enough to keep you fit?
- 5 Bed Time Stretches
- Yoga for beginners: The ultimate guide to start your practice
- Why Yoga in Rishikesh?
- Yoga for Spine or Backbone
- Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations
- Warm up before yoga asana
- Yoga for neck
- Yoga for abs
- Yoga for insomnia
- Yoga poses for kidney
- Ayurveda in Rishikesh, How To Achieve Perfect Health With Ayurved