What is Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand Pose or Salamba Sarvangasana?
The word 7 Means or limbs as in this position our bodies upside down Weight falls upon Shoulder and head and whole lower body is up in the air which makes Faster effective for whole body Otherwise this posture is translated as Shoulder stand a wonderful inverted position where circulation of information, blood, lymph and prana improves.
How to Do Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand Pose or Salamba Sarvangasana? Step by Step Instructions :
- Start from lying down position, supine position (lie on back) while legs are together and palms by the thighs facing down.
- Press your palms on the floor and raise the legs up to the ceiling and support your hips with the palms and try keeping elbows under palms to support well
- Try walking your palms downwards to the upper back while elbow remains shoulder width apart and try coming closer to each other.
- Point your toes to the sky or ceiling.
- Try lifting legs so high that chest bone (sternum) touches the chin.
- Press the elbows towards each other.
- Try to shrug the shoulders and keep on gently pressing the back of the head to floor.
Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand Pose or Salamba Sarvangasana Safety precaution :
- If one has neck pain Make sure legs are not lifted high rather keep some cushion or bolster under the hips and legs up in the air or just legs supported up on the wall.
- If one has neck compression while going in final position keep some folded blankets or cushion under shoulders and elbows and head outdown on the floor.
- People with hypertension or high blood pressure should not do this posture so extreme yet to reap the benefits of this pose on can just lie down and elevate legs on wall or some high cushion.
- Cervical spondylitis could be a challenging and problematic situation better avoid the pose and just elevate legs while hips remain on floor.
Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand Pose or Salamba Sarvangasana Benefits :
- Shoulder stand is one of the best poses to perform in order to reverse the circulation of blood and can be aiding to healing of injuries.
- Because of inverted position it moves lymph the impure blood back to heart to and makes it return to circulation which can avoid problems legs swelling of legs and varicose vein.
- Shoulder stand could benefit with thyroid issues.
- Calms down the mind and induce relaxation can be helpful with insomnia.
- Breathing: Path to Unfold a Meditative State
- Janu Shirshasana: Benefits, Step-by-Step Guide, and Precautions
- Yoga for Fertility
- International Yoga Day 2023
- Internationally Certified Yoga Teacher Training India
- How Can I become an International Yoga Teacher in India?
- Make Yoga as a Career! Become A Yoga Teacher
- Why Yoga in India? – A Complete Guide to Yoga in India
- RYT-200, RYT-300, RYT-500 – Yoga Instructor Levels
- Plavini Pranayama (Floating Breath)
- Cow Pose (Bitilasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Child’s Pose (Bālāsana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Dolphin Plank Pose (Forearm Plank) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Apanasana (Knees To Chest Pose) : How to do it? Precautions and benefits
- Corpse Pose (Savasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Yoga and Meditation Centers in Rishikesh, India
- What is Loving and Kindness Meditation?
- Yoga Teacher Certification Courses in India
- Importance of Alignment and Adjustment in Yoga
- What is Mudra in Yoga? – How to Do It, Benefits, Importance & Types
- Yoga Philosophy and Its Importance in Daily Life
- Yoga for Strength: Gym isn’t the only place for strength