Pranayama exercises like Anuloma Viloma and Kapalabhati, a series of Surya Namaskar as well as asanas that stimulate the lungs and increases the inhalation capacity. These the yogic practice focuses on the improvement of our immune system, with a focus on our lungs and respiratory tract.
Anuloma Viloma or alternate nostril breathing involves breathing in from one nostril and breathing out from the other, it is also known as Nadi Shodhana, this practice helps to balance the central nervous system and it is so effective that the capacity of oxygen intake increases in the lungs as well as for cardio-pulmonary functioning.
Kapalabhati is one of the shat kriyas – six cleansing practices – Kapalahbhati is an exercise that cleanses the throat and lungs and stimulates the abdominal muscles and organs. It consists of a series of forceful exhalations followed by passive inhalations.
Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation has a deep effect on detoxifying the organs through oxygenation. It is a series of 12 physical postures, alternating backward and forward bends, flexing the spinal column and giving a deep stretch to your whole body. It also helps you to increase your lungs’ capacity and has a deeper relaxing effect. Asanas will include chest-opening, twisting, stretching and strengthening.
- Yogasana: The Inner Journey from Exercise to Yoga
- Marichyasana : Embrace the Twist
- Breathing: Path to Unfold a Meditative State
- Janu Shirshasana: Benefits, Step-by-Step Guide, and Precautions
- Yoga for Fertility
- International Yoga Day 2023
- Internationally Certified Yoga Teacher Training India
- How Can I become an International Yoga Teacher in India?
- Make Yoga as a Career! Become A Yoga Teacher
- Why Yoga in India? – A Complete Guide to Yoga in India
- RYT-200, RYT-300, RYT-500 – Yoga Instructor Levels
- Plavini Pranayama (Floating Breath)
- Cow Pose (Bitilasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Child’s Pose (Bālāsana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Dolphin Plank Pose (Forearm Plank) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Apanasana (Knees To Chest Pose) : How to do it? Precautions and benefits
- Corpse Pose (Savasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Yoga and Meditation Centers in Rishikesh, India
- What is Loving and Kindness Meditation?
- Yoga Teacher Certification Courses in India
- Importance of Alignment and Adjustment in Yoga
- What is Mudra in Yoga? – How to Do It, Benefits, Importance & Types