Kapalbhati is a type of Pranayama that includes a rapid exhalation process. Kapalbhati is made up of two words ‘Kapal’ which means “skull” and ‘Bhati’ which means ‘Shine’. By the rapid exhalation process during Kapalbhati, one can cure many diseases. Moreover, Kapalbhati Pranayama is the most preferred way to detoxify the body and helps in internal cleansing. Also, the regular practice of Kapalbhati maintains the proper working of body organs. It is said that the regular practice of Kapalbhati cools the mind and increases radiance on your face. Have any queries? get answer from Yoga school in Rishikesh.
Types of Kapalbhati
There are three types of Kapalabhati Pranayama.
Vatakram Kapalbhati – In this, a person sitting in a meditative position, draws a breath from the second nasal hole by closing one nasal cavity with one finger. This is followed by an immediate exhalation by closing the nasal cavity on the other side.
Vyutkrama Kapalbhati – In this yoga, a person draws lukewarm water from the nose and removes it from the mouth.
SheetkramaKapalbhati – This is the reverse of Vyutkrama Kapalbhati. In this, water is taken out of the nose by taking it in the mouth.
How to do Kapalbhati Pranayama?
- Sit back, keeping your spine straight. Place your towards the sky, comfortably on your knees.
- Take a long deep breath inside.
- While exhale, pull your stomach inward. Draw your stomach in such a way that it touches the spine. Do as much as you can. You can feel the contraction of the abdominal muscles by placing a hand on your stomach. Draw the navel inward.
- As soon as you release the muscles of the stomach, the breath automatically reaches your lungs.
- To complete one sequence (round) of Kapalbhati Pranayama, exhale 20 breaths.
- After a round is over, relax and close your eyes. Feel the excitement manifested by pranayama in your body.
- Complete two more rounds (rounds) of Kapalabhati Pranayama.
Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Kapalbhati Pranayama improves the flow of blood in the body and helps in the detoxifying process.
- It increases the metabolic process and helps in reducing weight.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama Improves digestion and transmits nutrients to the body.
- This Pranayama activates abdominal muscles, which are extremely beneficial for patients with diabetes.
- It fixes blood circulation and increases radiance on the face.
- Regular Practice of Kapalbhati makes the respiratory system healthy.
- It energizes the brain and tantric system.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama calms the mind and helps in releasing stress and anxiety.
Kapalbhati Breathing | Kapalbhati for Weight Loss | Kapalbhati Kriya | Kapalbhati Exercise | Maximum Time for Kapalbhati | Kapalbhati for Fatty Liver | Kapalbhati for Belly Fat | Best Time to Do Kapalbhati | Right Way to Do Kapalbhati | Kapalbhati to Reduce Belly Fat | Kapalbhati Breathing Exercise | Kapalbhati for Belly Fat Loss | Kapalbhati for Depression | Kapalbhati for Eyes | Kapalbhati Pranayam Yoga | Kapalbhati for Conceiving | Kapalbhati Back Pain | Kapalbhati Art of Living | Kapalbhati Pranayama Art of Living | Kapalbhati Blood Pressure | Kapalbhati for Stomach Fat | Kapalbhati for Belly Fat Reduction | Kapalbhati for Brain | Kapalbhati for Tummy Reduction | Kapalbhati Pranayama for Back Pain | Pranayama for Confidence | Kapalbhati for Constipation
- Corpse Pose (Savasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Yoga and Meditation Centers in Rishikesh, India
- What is Loving and Kindness Meditation?
- Yoga Teacher Certification Courses in India
- Importance of Alignment and Adjustment in Yoga
- What is Mudra in Yoga? – How to Do It, Benefits, Importance & Types
- Yoga Philosophy and Its Importance in Daily Life
- Yoga for Strength: Gym isn’t the only place for strength