Many knee problems are a result of the aging process and continual wear and stress on the knee joint (such as, arthritis). Other knee problems are a result of an injury or a sudden movement that strains the knee. Common knee problems are following;-
A sprained knee ligament or strained muscle is usually caused by a blow to the knee or a jerky twist of the knee. That can lead to pain, swelling, and difficulty in walking.
Cartilage tears can often occur with sprains. Surgery may be required to repair the tear.
Inflammation of the tendons may result from overuse of a tendon during certain activities such as running, jumping, or cycling. Tendinitis of the patellar tendon is called jumper’s knee. This often occurs with sports, such as basketball, where the force of hitting the ground after a jump strains the tendon.
Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis that affects the knee. Osteoarthritis is a degenerative process where the cartilage in the joint gradually wears away. It often affects middle-age and older people. Osteoarthritis may be caused by excess stress on the joint such as repeated injury or being overweight.
For any joint of the body it is important that we keep the flexibility and strength around the joint for its good mobility for day to day life as well as maintain the bone mass, Yoga can be a best practice to do, that can really take care of the requirement.
Here are some posture I am mentioning which can help one gain strength and maintain flexibility at the same time for a healthy joint:-
- Tadasana (mountain pose )
- Utkatasna ( chair pose)
- Virabhadrasana A,B,C(warrior)
- Trikonasana(triangle pose)
- Setu bandhasana(bridge pose)
- Vriksasana(tree pose)
- Uthita hasta padangusthasana(extended hand to big toe pose)
- Vajrasan(thunderbolt pose)
- Balasana(child pose)
- Back Bend Yoga asanas – Fear of falling into the unknown
- International Yoga Day
- Yoga for Your Upper Back Tightness
- Yoga Anatomy – How important is it to know?
- Yoga for Hamstring flexibility
- Yoga asanas for Root Chakra
- Yoga for flexibility
- 5 Restorative Yoga Practices to relax your mind and body
- Is Yoga Practice Enough to keep you fit?
- 5 Bed Time Stretches
- Yoga for beginners: The ultimate guide to start your practice
- Why Yoga in Rishikesh?
- Yoga for Spine or Backbone
- Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations
- Warm up before yoga asana
- Yoga for neck
- Yoga for abs
- Yoga for insomnia
- Yoga poses for kidney
- Ayurveda in Rishikesh, How To Achieve Perfect Health With Ayurved