Sanskrit words meaning:
Tada – mountain
Asana – pose
Tadasana (Mountain Pose) Method:
Stand with feet together, big toes and heels touching. Arms by your sides.
Lift your toes off the mat and spread them back down – one by one.
Lift the inner ankles and knees and engage the thighs.
Engage the abdomen by slightly drawing it in, lift your chest, roll the shoulders back and down, away
from your neck.
Gaze forward, hands by your sides, fingers alert but not strained.
Feel the energy lifting up and rooting into the earth at the same time.
Tadasana (Mountain Pose) Health benefits
Tadasana (Mountain Pose) Precautions
Avoid practicing this asana for too long as prolonged standing may cause strain on the muscles of
Don’t put too much pressure on the knees as it may cause pain in the knees.
People suffering from any of this condition should avoid practicing this asana: migraine, insomnia,
joint pain or low blood pressure
Tadasana (Mountain Pose) Preparation and post work
Adho muka Svasana
- Yog Nidra : The Enlightened Sleep
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- Yoga Meditation: Its importance in our daily life
- Mayurasana – How to do it and its benefits
- Back Bend Yoga asanas – Fear of falling into the unknown
- International Yoga Day
- Yoga for Your Upper Back Tightness
- Yoga Anatomy – How important is it to know?
- Yoga for Hamstring flexibility
- Yoga asanas for Root Chakra
- Yoga for flexibility
- 5 Restorative Yoga Practices to relax your mind and body
- Is Yoga Practice Enough to keep you fit?
- 5 Bed Time Stretches
- Yoga for beginners: The ultimate guide to start your practice
- Why Yoga in Rishikesh?
- Yoga for Spine or Backbone
- Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutations
- Warm up before yoga asana
- Yoga for neck
- Yoga for abs
- Yoga for insomnia
- Yoga poses for kidney
- Ayurveda in Rishikesh, How To Achieve Perfect Health With Ayurved