The kidneys – the organs that balance the body’s fluids – are located beneath the back ribs between the 9th thoracic and the 2nd lumber vertebrae. They are responsible for purifying the blood or any other fluid like water and producing urine.
There are many ways to approach the more energetic aspects of the kidneys through Yin Yoga, acupuncture, diet and lifestyle.
Kidneys have an extremely important function of purifying the blood by filtering waste out of it. They also assist in functioning of the urinary system, further secretion of hormones and maintenance of the blood pressure in the body. Kidneys also have the additional function of maintaining the pH level, in the body. kidneys are one of the most important organs in the body and should be cared for.
researchers suggest that kidney related diseases or conditions are more likely to be observed in developing nations where insufficient nutrition, stress and unhealthy lifestyle contribute to renal deterioration. According to WHO research, around million lives are lost globally every year due to kidney and urinary-tract related diseases. Hypertension and diabetes are known to worsen the condition furthermore.
With the help of modern medicine and advanced medical equipment, doctors have been able to control the damage caused to kidneys. Often it is like these that one must turn towards natural remedies. Yoga is one holistic approach that promotes healthy lifestyle through yoga poses, meditation and pranayama.
yoga posture following are recommended by hatha yoga texts to prevent any health problem to kidney or any other organ in abdominal area.
- Bhujangasana(cobra pose)
- Merudanda vakrasana (spinal twist)
- Parivrita pawanmuktasana(twisting head to knee pose)
- Ardha matsyendrasana( seated spinal twist)
- Paschimotanasana(seated forword bend)
- Setu bandhasana(bridge pose)
- Navasana(boat pose)
- Mandukasana(frog pose)
All the postures mentioned above are the postures which are responsible for stimulating the kidney, intestine , stomach and pancreas.
Stimulation of any organ will improve the function of it to the optimal level so there is no complication to the job of the organ.
- Yogasana: The Inner Journey from Exercise to Yoga
- Marichyasana : Embrace the Twist
- Breathing: Path to Unfold a Meditative State
- Janu Shirshasana: Benefits, Step-by-Step Guide, and Precautions
- Yoga for Fertility
- International Yoga Day 2023
- Internationally Certified Yoga Teacher Training India
- How Can I become an International Yoga Teacher in India?
- Make Yoga as a Career! Become A Yoga Teacher
- Why Yoga in India? – A Complete Guide to Yoga in India
- RYT-200, RYT-300, RYT-500 – Yoga Instructor Levels
- Plavini Pranayama (Floating Breath)
- Cow Pose (Bitilasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Child’s Pose (Bālāsana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Dolphin Plank Pose (Forearm Plank) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Apanasana (Knees To Chest Pose) : How to do it? Precautions and benefits
- Corpse Pose (Savasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Yoga and Meditation Centers in Rishikesh, India
- What is Loving and Kindness Meditation?
- Yoga Teacher Certification Courses in India
- Importance of Alignment and Adjustment in Yoga
- What is Mudra in Yoga? – How to Do It, Benefits, Importance & Types