Unfortunately, a great portion of our population suffers from insomnia and it is often overlooked. Most of the victims of this sleep disorder are neglected of care or have failed at looking for the appropriate means to help themselves. Insomnia is categorised by difficulty of falling asleep, sleeping at irregular times, staying asleep, etc. The most common form of insomnia comes in the form of acute insomnia that may affect anyone and it’s caused by several factors including stress, diet or unhealthy lifestyle. While acute insomnia may not have a prolonged effect, it may affect each person differently and bring people to go too far lengths to deal with it. You get to hear several of these stories on social media. In fact, there’s a great amount of awareness that is important to be spread regarding this sleeping disorder stigma.
Fortunately, yoga has always been the ray of hope in countless lives. You may hear never-ending stories about how yoga has proven to help people with headaches to even prolonged chronic illnesses… What a lot of people won’t tell you is the correlation between movement and one’s mental health. Hence, we have several yoga asanas that help with one’s insomnia, at-least to some extent.
Uttanasana: This forward fold is a form on a gentle inversion, perfect for beginners and can be done with variations that involve slightly bending your knees. This asana triggers your parasympathetic nervous system that will help you relax and get better sleep.
Balasana: Also known as the child pose is one of the favourite asanas of everyone. It passively stretches back torso and relaxes your posterior muscles. This reduces stress and promotes calmness in your mind
Inversions: Inversions like shirsasan require practice but they allow flow to your brain that relaxes and stimulates calmness.
Several of these poses are effective but perseverance is the key.
- Yogasana: The Inner Journey from Exercise to Yoga
- Marichyasana : Embrace the Twist
- Breathing: Path to Unfold a Meditative State
- Janu Shirshasana: Benefits, Step-by-Step Guide, and Precautions
- Yoga for Fertility
- International Yoga Day 2023
- Internationally Certified Yoga Teacher Training India
- How Can I become an International Yoga Teacher in India?
- Make Yoga as a Career! Become A Yoga Teacher
- Why Yoga in India? – A Complete Guide to Yoga in India
- RYT-200, RYT-300, RYT-500 – Yoga Instructor Levels
- Plavini Pranayama (Floating Breath)
- Cow Pose (Bitilasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Child’s Pose (Bālāsana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Dolphin Plank Pose (Forearm Plank) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Apanasana (Knees To Chest Pose) : How to do it? Precautions and benefits
- Corpse Pose (Savasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Yoga and Meditation Centers in Rishikesh, India
- What is Loving and Kindness Meditation?
- Yoga Teacher Certification Courses in India
- Importance of Alignment and Adjustment in Yoga
- What is Mudra in Yoga? – How to Do It, Benefits, Importance & Types