Blood pressure is a term that used to figure out the pressure our arterial walls(blood vessels) have , normal range of blood pressure is 120/80mmhg(systolic pressure / diastolic pressure) when it goes higher than this it will be generally considered as high blood pressure or hypertension, if BP goes higher than 170/100mmhg , medical attention must be sought.
High blood pressure is a condition which shows no symptoms, but can certainly put you at risk of heart disease. High blood pressure or hypertension should not be ignored. High blood pressure patients are at a higher risk of heart diseases and stroke.
Things that can increase your risk of getting high blood pressure
• are overweight.
• eat too much salt and do not eat enough fruit and vegetables.
• do not do enough exercise.
• drink too much alcohol or coffee (or other caffeine-based drinks)
• do not get much sleep or have disturbed sleep.
If you have high blood pressure, it is important to bring it under control. Additional to working with diet such as reducing salt intake, you must make some lifestyle changes. Yoga can help lower the blood pressure naturally and reduce hypertension induced by stress. Yoga poses involve breathing in a certain pattern which can control blood pressure as well as relieve stress. It will also enhance the functioning of your heart. Yoga leaves a positive impact on your mind and body. It is an effective way to lower blood pressure, we should involve all those yoga postures which puts least stress on body.
Breathing ratio for performing asanas mentioned following 1:2 or 1:1/2
Inhale 4 sec exhale 8 sec or Inhale 4 sec exhale 6 sec
And make sure breathing is kept soundless , slow, calm and most importantly deep down toward the hips we should try to breath, posture mentioned following will help you achieve the state of body , breath , heart and eventually health.
Here are some effective yoga asanas for hypertension.
Uttanasana (Standing forward bend pose) …
Viparita Karani (Legs-up-the-wall pose) …
Adho mukha svanasana (Downward-facing dog pose) …
Pashchimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend Pose) …
Setu Bandhasana (Bridge pose)
Sukhasan(easy cross legged seated pose)
- Internationally Certified Yoga Teacher Training India
- How Can I become an International Yoga Teacher in India?
- Make Yoga as a Career! Become A Yoga Teacher
- Why Yoga in India? – A Complete Guide to Yoga in India
- RYT-200, RYT-300, RYT-500 – Yoga Instructor Levels
- Plavini Pranayama (Floating Breath)
- Cow Pose (Bitilasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Child’s Pose (Bālāsana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Dolphin Plank Pose (Forearm Plank) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Apanasana (Knees To Chest Pose) : How to do it? Precautions and benefits
- Corpse Pose (Savasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Yoga and Meditation Centers in Rishikesh, India
- What is Loving and Kindness Meditation?
- Yoga Teacher Certification Courses in India
- Importance of Alignment and Adjustment in Yoga
- What is Mudra in Yoga? – How to Do It, Benefits, Importance & Types
- Yoga Philosophy and Its Importance in Daily Life
- Yoga for Strength: Gym isn’t the only place for strength
- Importance of Balance in Yoga
- How does Sattvic Food Help in Yoga?
- Yog Nidra : The Enlightened Sleep
- Ashtanga Yoga