Nowadays most of us are combating stress and finding balance in our daily life. In Indian tradition meditation used to be the essential part of our life and now new research suggests that mindfulness meditation can have benefits for health, including improved immune function, reduced blood pressure and enhanced cognitive function.
Our immune system is not just a physical mechanism used to fight disease. It actually transmits your thoughts and moods to your cells. Make sure you send the right messages.
In the early 80’s it was discovered that our immune system is very intelligent and it is also known as “a floating brain”. Your thoughts, moods, sensations, and expectations are transmitted to your immune cells. When you meditate, these messages change in important ways.
Since we are continuously surrounded by positive and negative thoughts which keep changing the mode of our nervous system, from sympathetic to parasympathetic and vice-versa. Meditation creates a positive mental environment for the immune system to flourish. Meditation stimulates immune system brain-function regions. Mindfulness meditation has shown increases in electrical activity in the prefrontal cortex, the right anterior insula, and right hippocampus, all parts that control positive emotions, awareness, and anxiety. These are also the areas of the brain that act as a command centre for your immune system.
Some points to be remembered:
- Get proper sleep every day.
- Incorporate meditation morning and evening in your daily life.
- Reduce and avoid stress, which results in immune system weakness.
- Wash your hands properly several times a day, and always after direct contact with someone else’s skin.
- Yogasana: The Inner Journey from Exercise to Yoga
- Marichyasana : Embrace the Twist
- Breathing: Path to Unfold a Meditative State
- Janu Shirshasana: Benefits, Step-by-Step Guide, and Precautions
- Yoga for Fertility
- International Yoga Day 2023
- Internationally Certified Yoga Teacher Training India
- How Can I become an International Yoga Teacher in India?
- Make Yoga as a Career! Become A Yoga Teacher
- Why Yoga in India? – A Complete Guide to Yoga in India
- RYT-200, RYT-300, RYT-500 – Yoga Instructor Levels
- Plavini Pranayama (Floating Breath)
- Cow Pose (Bitilasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Child’s Pose (Bālāsana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Dolphin Plank Pose (Forearm Plank) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Chair Pose (Utkatasana) : How to Do IT, Benefits & Precautions
- Apanasana (Knees To Chest Pose) : How to do it? Precautions and benefits
- Corpse Pose (Savasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana): How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) : How to Do It, Benefits & Precautions
- Yoga and Meditation Centers in Rishikesh, India
- What is Loving and Kindness Meditation?
- Yoga Teacher Certification Courses in India
- Importance of Alignment and Adjustment in Yoga
- What is Mudra in Yoga? – How to Do It, Benefits, Importance & Types